Online training via Zoom
PowerFactory | Introductory Course - Load Flow and Short-Circuit Calculations
Objectives: This course offers an introduction to the basic features of the DIgSILENT PowerFactorysoftware, including building
a small network and carrying out load flow and short circuit calculations.
- Introduction to PowerFactory: Fundamental concepts, functionality, handling and terminology.
- Creation of a network model: The process of building a network model from scratch, including an introduction to the
concept of Type objects, used for data obtained from manufacturers’ datasheets.
- Load Flow calculation: Basic concepts of load flow analysis in PowerFactory. Execution of load flow calculations and
- Voltage control in load flow calculations.
- Further network modelling, including the use of templates.
- Short Circuit calculation: Understanding the implementation of short-circuit calculations in PowerFactory.
- Connecting grids: Simple methods for connecting grids within a project.
Target audience: Electrical Engineers/Power Systems Engineers new to PowerFactory
Prerequisites: No previous experience with PowerFactory is required.
Duration: 3 days