POWER SYSTEMS ENGINEER
POWER SYSTEM SOLUTIONS
The energy supply of the future - Develop with us!
DIgSILENT is one of the world’s leading suppliers of highly-sophisticated simulation software for power systems. Combining the advantages of a global player with those of a medium-sized company, we have affiliates in 8 different countries.
DIgSILENT PowerFactory is a leading application for the planning and analysis of power systems. As a database-driven MS Windows application, it offers an efficient user interface with interactive network diagrams. The calculation core uses state-of-the-art numerical methods and complex algorithmic techniques. Due to its numerous data exchange formats and the availability of programming interfaces, it can be easily integrated into other systems. PowerFactory is used in more than 160 countries.
For our office in Austin, TX, we are looking for:
Position: Power System Engineer
- Execution of power system studies, including but limited to the integration of renewable energies, HVAC/HVDC transmission planning, power system stability and control, power quality, electromagnetic compatibility and system protection
- Support integration projects (PF to SCADA/GIS/DMS interfaces) as related to electrotechnical questions
- Technical support for our customers in US/Canada
- Planning and execution of customer specific and standard PowerFactory trainings in US/Canada
- Product presentations at international fairs, conferences and directly at customers' sites
- Support our Sales Team with the clarification of technical requirements for software offers
- Degree (Masters / PhD) in Power Systems Engineering
- Experience in the simulation of electrical power systems for planning/operation analysis
- Advanced knowledge of PowerFactory or other similar power system analysis software
- Ability to communicate, cooperate and interact with customers, project team members and colleagues
- Willingness to travel
- Enjoy deepening your expert knowledge and familiarizing yourself with new topics
- Competitive salary, with yearly salary review
- 20 days paid time off (PTO) + 11 days annual holiday entitlements
- Home office option
- 401K Plan Contribution
- Health insurance for employee commencing day 1
- Annual bonus dependent on company performance of the last year
- Individual further training for up to three days per year
Start your career at DIgSILENT
Work for an innovative and promising company, the world’s leading provider of software for the simulation of power supply systems.