TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER
POWER SYSTEM SOLUTIONS
The energy supply of the future - Develop with us!
DIgSILENT is one of the world’s leading suppliers of highly-sophisticated simulation software for power systems. Combining the advantages of a global player with those of a medium-sized company, we have affiliates in 8 different countries.
DIgSILENT PowerFactory is a leading application for the planning and analysis of power systems. As a database-driven MS Windows application, it offers an efficient user interface with interactive network diagrams. The calculation core uses state-of-the-art numerical methods and complex algorithmic techniques. Due to its numerous data exchange formats and the availability of programming interfaces, it can be easily integrated into other systems. PowerFactory is used in more than 160 countries.
For our office in Houston, TX, we are looking for:
Position: Technical Sales Engineer
- Generate new business and growth of existing accounts; use technical knowledge of DIgSILENT products to support and build sales
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products and services to existing and prospective customers
- Speak with customers and engineers at an application level to understand use cases, assess clients’ needs and determine PowerFactory software requirements; provide advice to customers and answer their technical questions
- Collaborate with the DIgSILENT group sales teams and experts to understand customer requirements and provide sales presentations to North American accounts
- Provide technical application support and post-sale installation assistance to end users
- Research and write the responses to technical sections of RFIs/RFPs
- Cross-reference competitive products
- Communicate new product launches, product extensions and usage policy
- Attend and present at customer meetings, tradeshows, and conferences in person and online as needed
- Degree (Masters / PhD) in Power Systems Engineering
- Experience in the simulation of electrical power systems for planning/operation analysis
- Advanced knowledge of PowerFactory or other similar power system analysis software
- Ability to communicate, cooperate and interact with customers, project team members and colleagues
- Willingness to travel
- Enjoy deepening your expert knowledge and familiarizing yourself with new topics
- Competitive salary, with yearly salary review
- 20 days paid time off (PTO) + 11 days annual holiday entitlements
- Home office option
- 401K Plan Contribution
- Health insurance for employee commencing day 1
- Annual bonus dependent on company performance of the last year
- Individual further training for up to three days per year
Start your career at DIgSILENT
Work for an innovative and promising company, the world’s leading provider of software for the simulation of power supply systems.